2022世界杯足球比赛时间表 (dtc) offers continuing education classes for additional training (in select areas) as a supplement to standard course material. dtc's continuing education courses are provided to give students an opportunity to enhance their knowledge and add marketable skills to their resume.
dtc currently offers two ce courses: a dental radiology seminar and a pipe fitting course.
dental radiology seminar
dtc offers x-ray certification for dental assistants. the main objective of the dental radiology seminar is to provide students with the fundamental principles of dental radiology and provide students dental x-ray certification.
upon completion of the seminar, participants will receive a certificate of completion. the certificate and application will be sent to the mississippi state dental board. assistance is given to participants at the end of the seminar with filling out and submitting the state application online.
upon successful completion of the radiology seminar, participants will be eligible to apply for their radiology permit holder certification through the mississippi state board of dental examiners.
how to register
- in order to register, participants must fill-out the registration form in full.
- payment options for registration fees include credit card, checks or money order. payment must be payable to 2022世界杯足球比赛时间表 in the amount of $150.
- registrants should complete the forms above and contact your local dtc campus to make payment arrangements.
- for additional information, please contact your local dtc campus.
- please note: the one-day seminar is limited to 8 participants per seminar. enrollment will be accepted on a first-come, first-pay basis only.
- for additional resources on re-certification contact the *mississippi state board of dental examiners.
- *please note that the following documents are needed when submitting your radiology permit application to the mississippi state board of dental examiners: bls cpr card, photo id, passport sized picture, your course completion certificate from the seminar, and the application fee.
- hours: 1 day / 8 hours (3.5 hours of lecture/video followed by an exam, 1 hour lunch break and 3.5 hours of hands-on training in the dental lab taking x-rays)
- completion: certificate of completion
dental radiology seminar curriculum
- brief history of radiographs
- quality of x-rays (how to produce quality radiographs)
- film exposures (what causes errors on the film)
- bisecting principle and technique
- paralleling principle and technique, including a full-mouth radiographic survey and bite-wing series
- special radiographs on various patients, including occlusal, pediatric, edentulous, endodontic radiographs and special needs/compromised patients
- how to mount x-rays
- common radiograph errors that occur during exposure
- storage of radiographs
- legal implications
- infection control
- prevention of cross contamination
- hands-on clinical setting instruction
which schools offer dental radiology?
pipe fitting course
华体会英超曼联全球官方赞助商 offers a continuing education welding course in pipe fitting. the main objective of the pipe fitting course is to provide students with the fundamental principles of entry-level pipe fitting and qualify them to secure immediate employment as a pipefitter/steamfitter in the manufacturing, construction, fabrication, and maintenance industries.
continued education classes in pipe fitting feature classroom instruction and hands-on training in pipe measurements and runs, isometric drawing readings, field fabrication and more.
dtc requires all applicants to provide proof of a high school diploma, ged or documentation of home school completion.
- length: 10 weeks
- hours: 250 clock hours / 62.5 additional outside clock hours
- credits: 9 semester credits
pipe fitting classes
- reading isometric drawings
- pipe measurements and runs
- 90◦ and 45◦ fittings / offsets
- complex isometric drawings
- rolling offsets
- 30◦ and 60◦ fittings / offsets
- odd-angled fitting fabrication / saddle fabrication
pipe fitting faq
what is a pipefitter? according to the bureau of labor statistics, “pipefitters install and maintain pipes that carry chemicals, acids, and gases. these pipes are used mostly in manufacturing, commercial, and industrial settings. fitters often install and repair pipe systems in power plants, as well as heating and cooling systems in large office buildings.” *www.bls.gov
how much do pipefitters make? the median annual wage for plumbers, pipefitters, and steamfitters was $56,330 in may 2020. *www.bls.gov.
where can i work as a pipefitter? 华体会英超曼联全球官方赞助商 ’s welder graduates work across the country in manufacturing, construction and maintenance fields. they are employed as boilermakers, pipefitters, structural welders and many other welding-related jobs.
are pipefitters in demand? the job outlook for pipefitters will increase by 5% from 2020 to 2030. *www.bls.gov
how much does pipe fitting continued education cost? for more information on program costs, visit tuition & cost.