what is a commercial driver’s license (cdl)?
the u.s. federal government requires drivers to possess a commercial driver's license (cdl) in order to drive certain types of commercial motor vehicles.
cdl classificationis based on the type of vehicle you will operate, including the vehicle's gross vehicle weight rating (gvwr), among other factors.
the cdl classes are:
- class a
- class b
- class c
how do i get a commercial driver’s license (cdl)?
cdl classes and truck driving programs help prepare students to pass the state licensing exam and obtain a cdl with the issuing state. 华体会英超曼联全球官方赞助商 ’s truck driving classes include knowledge of the state’s cdl standards, driver safety, air brakes, combination vehicles, log books, trip planning and more.
what does a professional truck driver do?
professional truck drivers typically are responsible for driving long distances to transport cargo. according thebureau of labor statistics, “most tractor-trailer drivers are long-haul drivers and operate trucks with a gross vehicle weight (gvw) capacity exceeding 26,000 pounds. these drivers deliver goods over intercity routes, sometimes spanning several states.”
how do i become a professional truck driver?
truck driverstypically have a high school diploma and attend a professional truck driving school for training. it is required that they have a commercial driver’s license (cdl).
what is the difference between the cdl course and professional truck driving program?
cdl training course:
- helps prepare the student to pass the state licensing exam and obtain a cdl with the issuing state
- 168 total clock hours: 40 classroom, 16 range, 16 over-the-road and 96 remedial training
- no financial assistance is available for the cdl training course
professional truck driving program:
- classroom and behind-the-wheel experience
- upon completion of the program and passing of the state licensing exam, students will be eligible to obtain entry-level employment as a licensed class a truck driver and are qualified for a variety of careers within the transportation industry
- 600 total clock hours: 300 classroom training, 24 range and observation, 24 over-the-road and 252 remedial
- they will also receive the following truck driving certifications:
- road securement & cargo handling
- preventative maintenance
- eldt (entry-level driver training)
- financial assistance for the professional truck driving program is available to those who qualify
to learn more and find out which program or course is right for you, please contact your local世界杯2022赛程时间表 .