cosmetology is a trade known for helping individuals look and feel their best. through beautification processes like nail art and makeup application, cosmetologists express their creativity and help their clients express individuality.
in the united states, more than 600,000  people are employed as hairdressers, hair stylists, and cosmetologists. state licensing is required for cosmetologists, and cosmetology school is required before you can obtain a state license. 2022世界杯足球比赛时间表 (华体会英超曼联全球官方赞助商 ) offers a cosmetology program that helps future cosmetologists prepare to work in the cosmetology industry. during cosmetology training at 华体会英超曼联全球官方赞助商 , you’ll be taught the skills you need to get licensed in mississippi and launch an entry-level career.
still wondering if cosmetology school is right for you? read on to learn the pros and cons of going to school for cosmetology.
there are many pros of cosmetology school
there are more pros than cons in the upbeat field of cosmetology. here’s a look at some of them:
- cosmetologists get to interact with lots of people. from coworkers to clients, it seems there’s always someone to talk to. in the inherently social field of cosmetology, you’ll have the chance to meet lots of new people and form lasting relationships.
- cosmetology students get to take classes focused on their passions. cosmetology school is typically focused on industry-specific classes. that means that when you’re enrolled in cosmetology training, you won’t have to waste time on subjects you’re not passionate about or topics that are disconnected from your interests (like english or math).
- cosmetology school is shorter than many traditional college programs. because it’s focused on trade skills, cosmetology school is much shorter than four-year degree programs. 华体会英超曼联全球官方赞助商 offers cosmetology programs that are just 13 and 16 months long.*
- cosmetology school is cheaper than many traditional college programs. shorter education can be more affordable than four-year degrees. program costs for the 华体会英超曼联全球官方赞助商 cosmetology program can be found here for the 13-month program and here for the 16-month program. you can also explore financial aid and scholarship opportunities, which are available to students who qualify.
- cosmetologists can earn tips. when cosmetologists go above and beyond client expectations with their service, they have the potential to earn tips from their clients.
- cosmetologists can earn commissions (in addition to pay). many salons provide the opportunity to earn commissions in addition to base pay for upselling products or services to clients. in addition to potentially helping clients discover their new favorite hair products, you may be able to boost your income while practicing stellar customer service and salesmanship.
- cosmetology jobs can offer flexibility. most salons, spas, and other places of cosmetology employment have broad hours of operation. this means you won’t necessarily have to work 9-5 or monday-friday. you might even be able to build your own schedule.
- cosmetologists are often entrepreneurs. many cosmetologists develop their own clientele rosters, and some even open their own salons. the 华体会英超曼联全球官方赞助商 cosmetology program includes training on salon management, so you’ll have a good foundation of knowledge if you ever decide to go out on your own.
- cosmetologists get to be creative. cosmetologists get the chance to practice their art and get creative by trying out new hair styles, lipstick shades, and makeup application techniques. simply put, cosmetology can be fun.
- cosmetology is an in-demand field. according to the bureau of labor statistics, employment for barbers, hair stylists, and cosmetologists is projected to grow at rates significantly faster  than the average across all u.s. occupations during the period of 2016-2026. this trend is in part because the demand for advanced hair treatments has risen in recent years. and that trend is expected to continue.
*not all program lengths are available at all campuses. contact your local campus location for more information. financial aid and scholarship opportunities available to those who qualify.
there are few cons of cosmetology school
despite all the pros of cosmetology school, cosmetology isn’t for the faint of heart. you need to be hard working and determined to succeed as a cosmetologist. here’s why:
- cosmetologists are often on their feet all day. cosmetology can be tiring. but an active lifestyle  can be better for your health. staying active keeps your metabolism going, helps your body control sugar levels, and can lower blood pressure.
- cosmetology can be a dirty job. as a cosmetologist, you’ll be dealing with people’s hair, skin, and nails, and you need to be prepared for anything. that’s why the 华体会英超曼联全球官方赞助商 cosmetology program teaches what you should do in a variety of situations, including how to empower clients with knowledge that will help them learn better beauty behaviors and habits.
- working with clients isn’t always easy. cosmetology clients can sometimes be challenging, demanding, or negative. but each time you satisfy a client, you may become more experienced and further develop your professional approach.
- cosmetology school takes time and money. but 华体会英超曼联全球官方赞助商 offers a variety of cosmetology program durations, financial aid options*, and scholarship opportunities.* talk with the 华体会英超曼联全球官方赞助商 2022世界杯32强赛程表时间 to learn more.
*financial aid and scholarship opportunities available to those who qualify.
the pros of cosmetology school far outweigh the cons of cosmetology school. if you’re interested in launching your cosmetology career, it’s time to get your training started. the 华体会英超曼联全球官方赞助商 cosmetology program is designed to prepare you for the mississippi state cosmetology licensing process and set you up for success in an entry-level cosmetology career. talk to the 华体会英超曼联全球官方赞助商 2022世界杯32强赛程表时间 to learn how to enroll before the next start.